It's hard to write after the kids are in bed, 'cause I'm tired, and all the bright ideas I had earlier in the day have fled. That said, I know I fritter away a lot of time on the computer, and if I could pull together a little more organization and discipline, I could get my chores done, have time for writing and frittering, if I so desire.
I also could just write- although a morning pages idea is not realistic for me, an evening pages might work. I should just pour myself onto several pages, and then start marshalling myself to write properly.
I'm amazed at how many women are out here in blog land writing amazing blogs. Who knew? The internet, originally the domain of men, has spawned an entire generation of strong women writers, who can write from home (or wherever), and publish themselves from home, if they so choose.
Rob suggested this morning, since the house is not selling, and we are going down the drain financially waiting for it to sell, and since we are not enjoying living in two houses and having to cart ourselves home at the end of a pleasant evening, that perhaps, just maybe, we should give his tenant notice and all move into his house, at least for a while. We could continue to fix up his house, and try again in the spring to sell it.
It's a good idea. The mortgage would be manageable. The moving would be easier. The repairs are a known entity. The commuting would be easy. BUT
It's Rob's house. It used to be Rob and Sarah's house. It has been Rob's bachelor house with his 2 boys for the last 4 years. I don't know whether we each have the strength and flexibility to reduce our own need for control, and reorganize the house to become “ours”. Does the benefit of being able to live together outweigh the challenges of setting up a home together in a house which has been Rob's home for 10 years? Maybe. I'll sleep on it and let you know.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know something about the "not my house" thing. When I moved up here, even though Rob had rearranged things and packed much stuff away, it was still the house he and Shelley built a good chunk of their live together in. And it took a while to come to the point I am at now where, this is our house - my house. It helps to know that this house is just temporary and that we are going to build a home of our own in the near future and that Rob wants to know when I am feeling like.....well, when I am feeling a lack of "ownership", so we can work on making this house more ours in the meantime.
I guess what I am saying is that it is a doable thing. Recognize going in that issues will come up but I feel that most issues are fixable with communication.
On the writing thing. I write whenever I can. Katy is getting older and can occupy herself more and I have made it clear that mommy needs her writing time. Have you thought of joining a writing group? I belong to two at local libraries. Maybe once you and Rob are settled under one roof you can look into something like that. I find it makes me more focused. Hey, you know I have thought about doing an online writing group through Google docs. Maybe?
Anyway, thanks for the kitty advice. Bouncy and kittens are doing well.
Take care!
Post a Comment