Here is Pikachu. Admittedly, Persian cats are an acquired taste, but I think he's cute. His name truly IS Pikachu- I traced his ear tattoo, but can't find a current "owner". When he first arrived at our door, he was thickly matted and covered in fleas. I took him into work and cleaned him up. His fur is growing back nicely, and I still think he's cute:
When Rob was taking out garbage recently, a rabbit came up to him and greeted him- he thought it was Chase, but Chase was safely inside his cage when Rob came back in. A couple of weeks back, on a Saturday morning, Rob told us that "that rabbit" was sitting outside the back door. The kids and I piled outside, and spent the day playing with our new friend, who we call "Rabbity Roo" or Roo for short. I haven't been able to determine gender, or figure out why an apparently wild rabbit enjoys the company of people so much, but we all think it's really neat to have these "wild" creatures come to the back door, more or less when called.
We haven't taken them inside and integrated them into our family for a couple of reasons: Rob doesn't want more pets (!), and neither animal really enjoys being contained or confined. Well, actually maybe Roo would be happy to live inside, but that really would be a bit much, don't you think?

1 comment:
I think it's wonderful to have a rabbit "pick" you!
Post a Comment