Monday, August 11, 2008

My blog is my pensieve...

My friend is likely to be widowed in the next few days. My heart aches for her, and for her son and for me, too, in losing another good kind gentle man. The planet will be diminished by his absence.

We are going to ontario in 1.5 days, to visit with our respective parents. Rob has not been back to Ontario in nearly 30 years; his parents and I have never met. Visits with my mother are always a mixed bag. I wonder whether this will feel like a holiday?

I need to pay more attention to people than to my computer.

One of my co-op friends told me today that she misses me, and I replied that I mss her too, but I don’t think it’s true. I’m very happy with my house on a hill and my stitched-together little family.

I took my kids to the beach today. They loved it. Syd jumps at the chance to get out of the house, whether it’s for a walk or a trip. I think she needs more stimulation and face time with her mother.

I get/take very little time for myself- I’m not sure that being on the computer while fending off kids counts. If I played first and computered after, we’d probably all be happier.

I am not getting enough sleep.

We are going on a BIG trip soon. This’ll be the biggest undertaking we’ve had as a blended family. Yikes! I would like to be at my gentlest and most loving as we do this, but my best-case scenario may be avoiding a total melt-down.

The second anniversary of Willis’s death is coming up- on the day we return from our trip. Bruce will most likely have been removed from life support, and taken his last breath by then. Will they meet up? They were certainly friendly in real life. I hope they can be together somehow.

I have so much to say, so many conversations going on in my head.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((Sally))

Michelle said...

Here to listen to your stream of consciousness. :-)

Marsha said...

Stream...my friend...stream.
M

Anonymous said...

it's nearly the first anniversary of stephen's death. I'm dreading it. does it ever get better?

Anonymous said...

(((Sally))),

Just hold on. You'll get through it. You have us virtual folk to lean on if you need to.

Best wishes for your trip. I'd tell you that the stress of the anticipation is always worse than the trip itself. But....that's not always true. Sorry.

I'm looking at 2nd anniversary coming up on Sunday as well (though you probably know that) and I'm wondering "what to do" for it.

(((Hugs)))

Rob

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Thanks for all your support; and nursemyra- my second year was a lot better than my first, but stay tuned for my next post...

Anonymous said...

Hug. You sure have a lot going on. Having recently been through the 2-year milestone, you have my empathy. Hold on.

~TigereyeSal~ said...

You guys are all so awesome- thanks for being here!

S