Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Giving Thanks




  • seeing CATS with the gals from work this weekend
  • Sam’s head lice infestation, found this weekend, seems limited to him and is now well under control
  • the power outage, covering the entire south end of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, was fairly brief (~ 1 hour), and caught us at home, after supper
  • Rob made a spectacular thanksgiving dinner- I loves me some turkey!
  • I made everybody say something they were thankful for: good health, family, food, our house, our animals all made the list
  • Linus’s pet guinea pig did not need to be euthanized (although it would have been nice if he’d made it, as the vet seemed to think he would, but he was quite elderly and unwell)
  • life is good, n’est-ce pas? (I’se all about the silver linings)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Like the message of "Take the good. Leave the rest."

Glad to hear that things seem to be going pretty well, on the whole.

I "made" everyone do the "What am I thankful speech" this year. It was something that Shelley started a few years ago. I think the big girls appreciated the continuation of that little "tradition".

Oui, la vie c'est bon.