Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A little poetry, a little miscellany




•Wrote this a few weeks back- I still get a kick out of it.

hollowed out shadow of invisible self
unseen, unseeable
the dog barks at the nothingness which is me
the cat stares into the corner
which is where i am
hovering
above the nothingness in the corner
if you look up, will you see me?
the cat can
and she's not too swift


•Five of us from work are heading to Seattle this weekend for a veterinary conference- looking forward to it. We're going to see Othello on Saurday night- I haven't seen it since Grade 8. I hope the weather improves- the trip across the Juan de Fuca Strait is gorgeous in the late afternoon sun.


•On Canada Day (July 1st), I turned my body into a Canadian Flag: red borders, white in the middle, with a maple leaf in the centre. I had fun in the sun, regardless of consequences.




•I'm lovin' on my house and kids. :) I think Rob and I must be nuts for thinking adding a student to the chaos in our home would be beneficial. That said, I'm looking forward to it.


•Summer really is a marvelous invention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you have time for coffee with an internet buddy in Seattle? I like meeting people I've only seen hands over boobs of.

~TigereyeSal~ said...

@silverstar: I sure hope so! I'll let you know.

Stella said...

Can you teach me how to sunburn in the pattern of an American flag? lol