I've been cruising the blogs- there are some gooood writers out there! These women (primarily) write with humour and intelligence. On the YWBB, there are also some very good writers. There are also some whose spelling and grammar is atrocious. Some of these folks are teachers, or have post-secondary degrees. How the heck do such educated folks consistently use "your" for "you're" and "than" for "then"? This is clearly a pet peeve of mine.
Solo parenting is a crappy deal. I don't have the energy to deal with my son, nor the patience to deal with my daughter. The constant demands are getting under my skin big-time, tonight. I'm really tired: of living in two separate households from my sweetie; from insufficient sleep, perhaps related to thinking about housing. I don't understand how, after spending the bulk of the day with sweetie, I can be so frazzled when on my own with the kids at the end of the day. I want to find a house for us all NOW!
I'm going into work tomorrow: my first scheduled shift in 8 weeks. I'm anxious. It's just a staff meeting they want me for, as there will be some training on new equipment and systems. Why does this feel like such a big deal? I'm worried about being on time, but since the start time is 11am, I should have no trouble. Really, I need to shrug this off a little, or I could well have a crappy night, a stressed-out morning and end up taking it out on the kids. Let it go, girl, let it be.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yikes! I hope you don't mean me even though I have the worst spelling and make terribly stupid grammatical mistakes. It stems from haste more than stupidity. Even when I am at my proofing peak, I can still miss the tree for the forest. Need to work on that, I suppose. Nice blog by the way.
Nope, Annie, not you. You did have some doozies in your blog recently, but your board posts are always spectacular. :) Big hugs and congratulations!!!! Sally
And thanks for the compliment- I'm a devotee of your blog, which is always humourful and insightful- can I link to it?
Sally
Post a Comment