Syd is apparently not eating enough, or not the "right" things. The lecture afterwards was peppered with "I know you don't think this is right or true, and I know you don't agree with me. I was brought up very differently, and I've changed since then, and I’ve even changed since when you grew up, and I'm not pushy or directive anymore...." (Could have fooled me!) For the second time recently, I pushed back a little. Said "I don't HAVE to agree with you".
Syd wanted to wear her bike helmet in the bath; She says no. "Why the hell not???" I wonder, but I can't get a word in edgewise. She says to me, "You may not agree with Me about supper, but you'd better agree with Me about the helmet..."
I went in the bath with Syd (sans helmet), and She did dishes. She was sulky. I was petulant. Got to thinking: don't want to spend the rest of Her holiday resenting Her presence and wanting Her to go home- no good for anyone. Gonna have to find a way to get along. Thanked Her for supper and dishes- seemed better. Will try to have some holiday time: do good, fun stuff, probably without kids, cause they seem to be a trigger point at the moment.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment