The weekend in Vancouver was great, and Hannah's party was fun. It was at Anna's house in White Rock, which was the first time we had been there. We stayed for supper there after the party, and it was a nice, relaxed, family time. Who could have envisioned such a thing?...
I hadn't managed to get shopping before the weekend arrived, so we bought gifts on the ferry. What we gave from you was a really nice fleece "vest", in pink, embroidered and very cute. Hannah liked it well enough; her mother and auntie were VERY taken with it- stroked it lots (it was very soft) and coveted it. It seemed like something you might have chosen for her yourselves and it will fit her for the best part of the next year, or more, I would think.
We got her some jewelery and stuffed animals and t-shirts and such. She seemed well satisfied with her total haul and once we got back to their new-to-them (and very nice) condo in Port Coquitlam, the kids played enthusiastically together (instead of going to bed). Although the weather was mediocre all weekend, we did get out to a local park on Sunday and managed to navigate around Vancouver okay to get to and from ferries.
Work has been pretty busy this week, with politics and medicine, but I still pretty much enjoy it.
Today, I finally viewed the items of Willis's which had been held in the police evidence room. At least one of the items (a red sweatshirt) wasn't his, and I suspect was put over him at the scene by one of the bystanders, or something. I ended up taking with me the shirt he had been wearing, but left everything else to be disposed of by them. I'm not sure why I had the compulsion to take that shirt, but since I haven't had a meltdown or anything since seeing the belongings, I'm not going to question my motivation too deeply. It does seem like another chapter completed. I also sent off a claim for the remaining life insurance policy today; I have yet to deal with the remaining AD+D policy. Sigh. He led a simpler life than death, methinks..... (at least in the time I knew him).
I'd better get to bed now, as it is getting very late.
Lots of love,
Sss
=^. .^=
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment