Sam asks for his favourites by number; Syd likes hers by name. Recently, Sydney asked me if sheep were sweet, just like in the song. After a little detective work, I understood her to be referring to Ain’t She Sweet?.
A discussion of sheep and their sweetness ensued, and I mentioned that my friend Michelle at Boulderneigh , as well as Nancy and Lauren , all absolutely believe in the sweetness of sheep.
Michelle herself is no slouch in the sweetness department. She recently embarked upon a Pay It Forward campaign, as have many bloggers. I tentatively suggested that I might participate, but since my artsy skills are minimal, I was hesitant to agree to pledge to send anyone anything. Brushing this aside, Michelle went ahead and took an order from me, in terms of my favourite and least favourite colours. I wasn’t sure what might ensue, but as of yesterday, I found out.
Michelle’s package arrived in the mail yesterday. She had knit a hat and scarf in green and sunshine colours, as requested.
She also sent a note, written with beautiful colour and penmanship, expressing truly lovely sentiments. Thanks, Michelle.
Now that I have received my PIF offering, I really must get into gear to determine what I have to offer, and how to get it out “there”. Here’s where I’m leaning- a number of my friends from the WidowRoad are having a particularly hard time, lately. I’d like to send them a little care package that includes the things I do do well. I’m going to see if I can get street addresses for these ladies, but in the event that I can’t get them, perhaps I could get some volunteers who would be interested in joining in the PIF fun.
Back to Sydney, and the Beatles for a moment- the kid is an absolute riot, as well as being damn cute and a PITA. She was requesting another Beatles song recently- the bunny love song. Huh? Turns out, she was referring to Can’t Buy Me Love... I’m not sure I don’t like her names better...

1 comment:
Oh, I'm so glad it finally arrived! I haven't been able to check blogs for a couple days, obviously. You're all adorable! (And yes, kids, sheep -- and least some of them -- are VERY sweet. :-)
Post a Comment