Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It'd be great to be blogging for fun

I subscribe to 30 feeds on bloglines, and I love my daily reads there. I’d like to participate more. I have many ideas, often inspired by other writers. I have images, and I sometimes have the words to describe them. What I don’t seem to have is the patience to record and transcribe my ideas through a keyboard. I am an aural, verbal, intuitive type, and I am impatient with the sloth of my ability to articulate myself.

I also have a great deal of trouble focusing on a single task at a time (which makes me an erratic driver, at best). I am currently sort of watching The Andromeda Strain, while writing, listening for my daughter’s nightmares, providing a cushion for the cat (why don’t they make cat-top computers; who has a lap anymore?). I have a dozen thoughts vibrating through my head, all wanting to be heard.

I battle my latent insecurities on many fronts (tardiness, separation anxiety, relationship sabotage, overly permissive parenting, over-dependence on goodwill), and have come to realize that I will always have a core of insecurity. I spend too much unproductive time on the computer.

Dangnabbit, this wasn’t meant as a piece of self-flagellation. I had intended to state my intention to write littler bits, snippits of journaling and diarizing, and post them more frequently. I don’t need to attend to the overwhelmingly big pieces of writing in my head; I (and my handful of readers too, perhaps) may be very well served by a frequent (daily?) expression of a few sentences of nothing much. Who knows? Maybe the therapy inherent in writing might actually move me along on my psychic, psychologic journey. That would be nice, wouldn’t it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it would be nice.

You should put a link to this piece in over at Julie Pippert's today. It really fits the Weds. theme.

I am always glad to see a new post from you. Got you on my bloglines.

Michelle said...

Oh, oh, is Boulderneigh on your bloglines????
Looking forward to your snippets. :-)

Stella said...

Sometimes all we have time to write is snippets, and sometimes that is all we have time to read! :) Therefore, I like snippets! Keep 'em coming!

Love,
Stella

~TigereyeSal~ said...

EACH of you is on my bloglines- love to read all your pieces.

Thanks for the tip, Annie. I've run across Julie's site before, but not kept up with it. She's now on my bloglines, too.

Stella, you look great in your latest photos.

Michelle, glad to see Brava looking sooo much better.

Sally