Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why Not?

Annie published a "MeMe" called Gimme Five! today, and I (unusually) got inspired to follow suit, as did her husband Rob.

The meme is designed as a way to disclose information about ourselves, in a random, ink blot kinda way. You can use photos, links, songs or just respond in writing. Any order is fine.
1) evening wear
2) blue food
3) science fiction
4) sponges
5) plastics


Evening wear - O crap, I wonder whether anything in that mound of clean laundry still fits and is not so wrinkly that I can wear it and look half-way decent. Crap, can I find a needle and thread to repair that hem? O fiddle, can’t I just wear my smock and scrubs?

Blue food - I've been known to order brown food, warmed slightly. Blue food would be fine as long as someone else provides it for me, although I prefer that it not have passed too closely by the lips of my child first.

Sci fi -
Keith Hamilton Cobb








 from Andromeda.






Ditto Kevin Sorbo.







How about Discworld?







and Rincewind
.




Sigh. More of a sci fi geek than I want to admit to myself...







Sponges - Hate the texture of the real ones - like finger nails on a blackboard. Artificial ones would be great for cleaning the fish tank if I ever picked one up and applied it to the algae...


Plastics - Does everyone have a plastics cupboard? Why is it that I never have the same numbers of tops and bottoms? What happens to the matches - where do they go? Does Sydney use them all for projects and containers somewhere? Does Sam use them as Frisbees?

Anybody else want to share some nonsense amid the colossal tragedies unfolding around us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tragedies unfolding around us. Yes, there is a lot of that again these days.

Thanks for playing though. Liked the pics.

Nancy K. said...

I enjoyed your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine. ;-)