Monday, December 22, 2008

This winter is not for the birds...

... nor for the rabbits, or even raccoons.




The rabbits have been in an enclosure on the lawn for the past few months. I had thought they would be okay outside during our usually moderate winter. I changed my mind, and they're now in our "Harry Potter room".






The raccoons have been giving us a hard time when we venture outside; perhaps because their access point beneath the deck is snowed over?









Remember this? This was last February. We were all enjoying some time on the lawn.




That same spot now looks SO forlorn, or perhaps magical, if you enjoy that kind of thing.




And then there are the hummingbirds. I'm not sure whether it was this one, or the one she insisted on chasing off, who succumbed to exposure. I've got a work light out there now, to help keep the area a little less frigid, and we had another hummer at the feeder today.



I'd like a return to more seasonal weather, soon, thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think you have more snow than we do. I'd gladly trade that snow for the -30 C temperatures we're currently "enjoying".

If this keeps up, we'll be scratching the island off of our "retirement places" list....

Merry Christmas to you and yours Sal. All the best for 2009.

Rob

Stella said...

I'll take a little of that snow from you for Christmas, but just a little. You can keep the rest! :) That is a good reminder of a big reason I left Michigan 20 some years ago.

At any rate, I hope you have better weather soon. May you have a wonderful Christmas, and a wonderful New Year!

Love,
Stella

Anonymous said...

happy xmas to you and your family xx

Anonymous said...

I think you got more snow than we did. I'm glad it's gone now, for the most part.