Somehow, 3 years have passed since I talked to Willis and had him respond.

Three years since the kids have been hugged by their daddy.
Three years since we heard his overly loud laugh.

We don't talk about him as often, and we don't miss him with the same devastating rawness. But he's still as gone. We still go on with our lives without him. And we still miss him.
Where is he? Who are we without him? How can he be gone?
I don't generally ask these questions, nor do I really need the answers.
It is enough to know that he was here, that we were a family, that he loved us and we loved him. Still do, as a matter of fact.
Later today, we will take flowers to Willis's memorial plaque, and we will revel in the memories. We love you, Willis, and we remember.


7 comments:
(((hugs)))
I have nothing profound to say, mainly because every time I have one of those anniversaries I feel like that, not as raw but still here is a piece of life missing. It's just a melancholy day overall.
I'll be thinking of you today.
Love,
Stella
Sending thoughts your way.
I hear you and understand.
((Hugs))
Just (((((hugs))).
I scattered rose petals under Stephen's tree and left him a postcard. I don't imagine that your three years are any easier than my two.....
Thinking of you as you think of Willis.
I'll be at three years tomorrow.
And as I type this, I realize you typed that two months before I lost Nelson. So it'll be six years for you now.
It's interesting (interesting? I need a better word) how grief changes shape over time.
God bless.
Post a Comment