- Trains in the back yard- sounds of childhood, somehow reassuring
- Not being in the same house or same bed as my sweetie is very difficult
- Bruce died when removed from life support, and I'm not there
- I cannot remember so many thunderstorms in such a short time
- How are my cats?
- I love swimming, and we got to go the cottage and I got to swim in the lake for hours- such bliss
- I've been walking
- How much weight can one person gain through inattention?
- The cicadas and the birds are vocal and lovely
- Sightseeing is not restful
- Children fight too much about trivial things
- I don't like when brothers threaten to kill each other over toys
- Why is it so difficult for Rob and I to have an entire conversation without disagreement or ill-feeling at the moment- is it the lack of conjugal visits?
- How much money are we spending on this vacation anyway?
- It is so green and jungle-like here
- My kids are blissing-out on sunshine, water, family
- Can I spend all day at the beach?
- I should look into vacation spots where someone else looks after the kids
- I'm looking forward to getting home, and we haven't done the big three "tours" of our holiday
- My mother is less burdensome to my psyche this visit, but trying to keep my own family's needs met is very challenging
- I haven't cried in 3 days
- Sam may have grown another inch while we've been here
- Sydney had a huge conversation with my dad last night, and ate a huge bed-time snack at the same time- how grown-up is that?
- My back hurts, and all the beds here are uncomfortable
- If I lost some weight and got into better shape, would my back hurt less?
- I am a very positive person, and I'm glad that I landed in the part of the world where I live, so that I could live that way more fully
- Have I told you how much I love animals?
- It's very hard to please all the people here- how do I keep that from tearing me apart?
- How fabulous was it to have a party here with some friends I hadn't seen since I left Ontario? Very fabulous!
- Unfortunately, some people didn't get their invitations as I had hoped, but I guess we had just the right number of people
- My BFF's hubby and I had a "fight" with suction-cup dart guns, in my parent's living room, late at night, in front of my parents and BFF, and everybody howled with laughter, and the kids didn't wake up- I love these people, and I won the fight, too
- Broke a spigot on the hose today, and water sprayed everywhere
- It was a very hot day, and we set up the pool, and the water in it is so cold
- I'm enjoying reading the book I picked up for the trip, and I'm off to take in another few chapters now...
Monday, August 18, 2008
This 'n' that, but probably more of this
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Take the good. Leave the not so good. And enjoy yourself. There will be plenty of time to worry tomorrow.
Cheers!
Rob
LIfe is such a mix of things, isn't it?
Thanks for your support, you two. This trip has been tough; I'm trying to hang on to the good, fun, joyful bits and let the rest roll off. Blogging is a good way to drain out some of the tension from being with too much family.
S
Post a Comment