Monday, December 1, 2008

Entropy


  • We have “lost” 5 people since August at work
  • We have lost about 60 people at work in the 13 years I have been there
  • Sometimes I really hate work
  • I don’t have an up-to-date résumé
  • I can’t change jobs anyway
  • What would I do?
  • How would I afford our mortgage?
  • The financial advisor we saw today figured we would have had 3 months at current debt ratios before running out of money
  • I need to work more, not less, according to the bank
  • I feel like I hardly ever see my children
  • Christmas shopping- arrggh!
  • How can I still have so many boxes left to unpack? We’ve lived here for a year now
  • My BFF is moving back to BC
  • She and her parents just saw our house for the first time
  • The house was assessed at a higher value when we bought it than what we actually paid for it- score!
  • Will the assessed value of the house now allow us enough credit latitude to wait out the remaining payouts on Willis’s estate? probably
  • Do you have your wills written?
  • I don’t, not completely
  • Sigh
  • I know what I would like to do at work, but I’m not sure how to go about being able to do it
  • That’s part of the problem with being indispensable
  • or is it being an enabler?
  • Willis’s birthday is coming up
  • Rob and I figured out our Christmas gifts, and purchased most of them today
  • Rob says screw housework and chores next weekend- we’re going to see the iMax and the trees at the Empress
  • Sounds good to me!
  • I am a better money manager than this
  • I supported Syd’s daycare manager today, by telling her that the parent who just took a strip off her was acting badly and did not reflect on the quality of care she was providing, and what was he doing blasting her in public anyway?
  • We have a credit with Westjet, and we’d like to fly somewhere warm, but what to do about the kids? and how to afford a hotel?
  • Sigh
  • I’m actually pretty happy with my life: I own my own home (sort of), with a man I love, who is secure enough to share me with a dead man, who does not cause me too much trouble (lately), and I have kids and step-kids I love, and I have some wonderful pets, and although my folks are coming to stay for a couple of weeks after Christmas, I know it will be okay, because my mother is better behaved on my turf, and because I really do love my parents
  • I think I might pre-write my mother’s epitaph, for my own therapy, and to share with her while she is alive how wonderfully intricate my feelings for her are
  • One day, the ache in my jaw and the knot in my back and the weasel in my neck will give way to other, newer maladies
  • I really do love blogging as an outlet
  • I am very grateful for online friends
  • Grin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am grateful for you too!

We struggle with the vacation thing. There is no one to watch Kat for a night out let alone a weekend. But my mom and Aunt are coming up in June and will be here to watch her for our anniversary (I hope) and Mom is always willing to take her fave granddaughter for a visit in Iowa so we can get away.

Everything usually works out no matter how much or little worry we throw at it.

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Thanks Guys! That link looks good, Kathi, and reducing worry is a good part of the reason I blog, Annie. Sometimes, it even helps...

Anonymous said...

when is willis' birthday? I'll light a candle for the two of you